Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bravery

I have been reading the blog of a young woman in Australia by the name of Jeni, who has cancer. The more I read, the more blown away I am by the courage that this young woman has as she faces this terrible disease. I have learned over the years that there are some people in this world who are different from all the rest of us, and let me tell you that Jeni is one of those people. She has something that we don't have and I am in awe of her.

Some of her friends have gotten together to raise money for her and help with her medical expenses and things that insurance will not cover. I don't have a lot of readers on my blog, but I know that the ones I do have will join me in spreading the word about this need.

The links are in the side bar, and I hope that all of you will take a minute to get to know Jeni and to pass it on to your own friends and fellow bloggers.

2 comments:

inkberryblue said...

Jen is such an inspiration. Thank you for blogging about her.
Thanks, too, for dropping by my blog and saying nice things...and good luck with that sock!

Louise said...

Hi Lynn, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog regarding the lambs, I was really pleased with the photo. Another very talented blogger, I can't knit or sew properly! I have added you to my sidebar so I remember to revisit. One of my friends has breast cancer and is going through treatment at the moment. She is only mid 40s, which is very worrying. Cancer has affected my family in many ways, and it is comforting to know of a caring person like you highlighting the fact that this horrible disease turns peoples' lives upside down. Thanks for the link to your friend. x