Friday, October 26, 2007

I am now a Quilting Instructor

This past weekend, my daughter-in-law, Ivey came down for the weekend and I gave her the first quilting lesson. I was extremely nervous, to say the least. When she told me a few months back that she wanted to learn to quilt, I almost died from excitement. I don't know about anyone else, but most of the time, when I tell someone that I quilt, they look at me like I said that I was an alien. Everyone seems to think that only little old ladies make quilts. Well, obviously, they have not been to the Stitch n Quilt or to Little Quilts. But, anyway, I was really excited when Ivey said that she wanted to learn. We began last weekend with rotary cutting, measuring and perfecting the 1/4 inch seam. She learns quickly and I think that she is going make a fine quilter. I will be publishing some of her quilts here and on the website when I get it up and running. The website is in production, I am so excited!!!!

I love fabric and yarn!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a great instructor!!!!!!!!

Ivey